Things that you can try when you have a worst headache
- Drink water very slowly, taking good breaths in between the sips, it sounds simple but many headaches are caused by dehydration.
- Give yourself a relaxing scalp massage, Acupressure massage also great, research has shown that massaging the greater occipital nerve(the back of your head at the base of your skull) can relieve headaches.
- Press the web space between your thumb and index finger on both the hands, lightly massage the spot for couple of minutes on both the hands.
- Stretch! Headaches often caused by muscle tension and poor postures, simple stretches followed by relaxation helps.
- Eat watermelons! Yes! This helps by rehydrating the system.
- Massage peppermint oil or eucalyptus oil onto your temples, the back of your jaw and your forehead, take deep breath, try to inhale the smell of these oils. They help by promoting the blood flow.
- Breath deeply.
- Drink a cup of coffee, but without much sugar. Headaches are often caused by the expansion of blood vessels. The caffeine in coffee constricts these and helps temporarily.
- Hold a pencil between your teeth..but resist the urge to gnaw on it. Lightly holding the pencil between your teeth activates your “smile” muscles, relaxing your jaw. We sometimes clench our teeth when we are stressed, and straining the muscle that connects the jaws to the temples can cause a tension headache.
- Drink Ginger tea. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that could alleviate some pain.
However if you consistently getting migraine or other types of severe chronic headaches, kindly get excellent relief with acupuncture, yoga and Hydrotherapy!